SC Commerce is a fork of WooCommerce 3.5.3 that is being privately maintained for use on Simply Computing websites. The documentation below covers all aspects of its installation and usage. There is also a code snippet repository for adding custom functionality.
Installation and Setup
Information about the initial installation and structure of SC Commerce can be found on these pages:
- Setup Wizard
- SSL and HTTPS
- Menu Items
- Template Structure
- Theme Compatibility
- Installed Taxonomies and Post Types
- Roles and Capabilities
- Status Report
The main Settings area of the SC Commerce installation contains most of the initial setup parameters required for your store.
- Accounts & Privacy
Usage and Maintenance
Once your SC Commerce shop is set up there are a few things you can do to monitor activity and keep it in good working order.
- Managing Orders
- Find Product, Category and Order IDs
- Fix Outdated Templates
- Update PHP Version
- Update Database Table Prefix
Code snippets can be used to add minor functionality without the need for extra plugins.
Developer docs provide more in-depth reference material for experienced users.
Useful hooks for various template pages (with illustrated examples) can be found on the following pages:
Other miscellaneous resources:
- CSS Structure explains how the SC Commerce CSS stylesheets work, and how to override them.
- Conditional Tags can be used in template files to change what content is displayed based on what conditions the page matches.
- Useful Core Functions are found in
includes/wc-core-functions.phpand can be used by themes and plugins.
- Classes gives a list of the common classes used in SC Commerce.
- Image Sizes for Theme Developers explains how SC Commerce registers image sizes to define the dimensions of images used on the site.